Very recently the state of Gujarat came up with its new Gujarat Solar Policy 2015 (Click Here) & now we have allotment of new solar projects to the tune of 250 MW to be set up at Gujarat Solar Park – Charanka under the JNNSM P-II B-III Tranche II.
As a part of JNNSM P-II B-III Tranche II, the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) has invited proposals from the developers to set up Solar PV projects in Gujarat Solar park on the Built Own & Operate basis.
Overview of the upcoming 250MW Solar Projects to be set up in Gujarat :
- Projects to be set up under the VGF mechanism.
- Total Capacity of Projects to be allotted : 250MW at Gujarat Solar Park – Charanka
- Part A – 1 x 25 MW solar project under DCR category
- Part 2 – 5 x 40 MW & 1 x 25 MW Solar Project under Open Category
- Bidder can bid for max. 3 projects.
- Eligibility Criteria :
- Indian & Foreign Companies can participate in the bidding.
- Bidding Consortium is also allowed.
- PPA rates :
- SECI will enter into PPA at Rs. 5.43/kWh with an annual escalation of Rs. 0.05/kWh for 20 years thus making the levelized tariff at Rs. 5.79/kWh for a duration of 25 years.
- Developers will not be allowed to take both VGF and AD benefits thereby ensuring that only the developers who claim zero VGF or offer discount in tariff can claim AD benefits.
- Upper Limits for VGF :
- Part A : Upper limit for VGF Rs. 1.3 Cr per MW under DCR &
- Part B : Upper limit for VGF Rs. 1.0 Cr per MW under Open Category
- The developer will have to demonstrate/infuse capital in the form of his own equity of at least 1.2 Cr per MW as below :
- 20% at the time of signing PPA
- 50% at the time of financial closure
- balance before disbursement of first tranche of VGF
- EMD : Rs. 10 Lakh / MW in form of BG
- PBG : Rs. 30 lakhs / MW
- Success Charge : Bidder will have to pay Rs. 1.2 lakh / MW + service tax to SECI towards admin overheads, liaising, DISCOM, STU, pre-commissioning & commissioning expenses 😉
- Performance Guarantee Deposit : Rs. 10L/MW for 25 years – without interest 😉
- Last Date for Submission : 15/10/2015 & Bid Opening : 16/10/2015
The above tender seems developer friendly and specially for those who wanted to set up the solar project in the state of Gujarat and have waited long for some new solar policy announcement or solar projects announcements.
Meanwhile below is the current solar projects scenario in India:
- Total grid connected solar projects installed till July 2015 in India : 4101.68 MW
- Total off-grid/captive solar pv power systems till July 2015 in India : 234.35 MW
- -> Currently Open Solar Tenders across India – 3960 MW
-> Recently Allotted Solar Projects across India – 3540 MW
-> Solar Projects Currently Under Construction – 3180 MW
Phewwwwwwww….So its a solar flood in India !! & friends it has just begun 🙂
For all solar project developers and interested investors willing to set up their solar projects in Gujarat, don’t forget that as a solar project consultant in Gujarat we may help you with the development of your proposed solar project from the concept till the commissioning 🙂
Meanwhile till we meet next time with more updates…
Solar Project Consultant – India
Also Follow us on :