One of the foremost state in India in terms of solar power – Punjab has released yet another tender for Grid Connected Solar photo-voltaic power projects of 500 MW capacity under its Phase III.
It may be noted that the State had earlier allocated 250 MW capacity solar power projects under Phase-I. Projects of capacity 229 MW had been allocated under Phase II bidding and 53 MW rooftop solar PV projects have also been allocated. Installed capacity as on date is 206 MW.
It may be noted that a newly incorporated company may also bid for the project under this tender subject to fulfillment of eligibility criteria.
Overview of 500 MW solar project tender in Punjab :
- Total Capacity to be allotted : 500 MW
- Capacity allotment to single Developer :
- Minimum capacity allotment of the project shall be 50 MW &
- maximum capacity shall be 150 MW to single Company.
- Financial Eligibility Criteria : Net Worth of INR 1.5 CR per MW
- Technical Criteria :
- Existing Bidding Company/Consortium : The bidding company or in case of consortium, a member thereof should have installed and commissioned Solar power projects of aggregate capacity 25 MW or higher grid connected capacity which is/are in operation any where in the world before the last date of submission of e-bid.
- Newly Incorporated Company : The Bidding Company / Bidding Consortium relying solely on its own credentials, where the annual accounts have not been prepared, only net worth has to be met.
- Land Requirements : Project Developers shall be required to submit land document i.e. registered sale deed, registered lease deed within 150 days of the date of signing of PPA
- Selection of Projects : Selection of these Solar Power Projects shall be through tariff based competitive e – bidding process as per the directives of Punjab State Electricity Regulatory Commission (PSERC).
- Fees :
- Time Schedule :
The official Rfp can be assessed Here
Some of the main Fiscal Assistance / Benefits Available for Solar Power Developers under the NRSE Policy 2012 in Punjab are :
- 100% Exemption from entry tax in respect of all supplies (including capital goods, structure and raw materials) made for setting up and trial operations of the projects.
- 100% exemption from payment of fee and stamp duty for registration / lease deed charges for the land required for the project.
- Agricultural land shall be allowed for setting up of Renewable Energy Power Projects in the state and no Change of Land Use (CLU), External Development Charges (EDC) / or any other charges / fees for the same shall be payable.
- Solar PV Power projects shall be exempted from obtaining any NOC / consent under Pollution control laws from the PPCB.
- To promote usage / generation from NRSE, manufacturing & sale of NRSE devices / systems and equipments / machinery required for NRSE Power . 15 Projects shall be exempted from Value Added Tax (VAT) and any cess there upon.
- 100% electricity duty for power consumed from State licensee during construction and testing of the project shall be waived.
- Octroi on NRSE fuels to be used for energy generation and NRSE devices / equipment / machinery for NRSE Power Projects shall be fully exempted. Similarly Octroi on self – consumption of power by captive power plants in the same premises or thru wheeling by open access to same group companies shall also be exempted.
Solar projects are surely gaining more priority among Investors & solar project developers in India compared to any other source of power generation and this is just the beginning.
Meanwhile till we meet next time with more updates…
Solar Project Consultant – India
Also Follow us on :