For all the Solar Enthusiasts and Food lovers – here is an great opportunity for you to combine your passion for energy with taste…yes I am talking about the Solar Food Processing in India !
Recently in one of my previous blogs, I mentioned about Renewables deployed at the Muni Seva Ashram / famously known as the Green Ashram. It is an NGO active in the areas of social upliftment, healthcare, education, and environment. Due to its extensive use of all forms of renewable energy and organic farming, it has become an international hub of green initiatives, and earned the title of Green Ashram. The Green Ashram is house to some uniquely developed and installed renewable technologies viz. World’s First Solar Crematorium, Solar AC, Solar Steam Cooking System (scheffler dish), Solar PV Power Plants, Bio-Gas Plant and much more….which were deployed with the great vision of the Ashram Management & Shri Deepak Gadhia, my mentor & Pioneer in Solar Thermal (Scheffler based) Technology in India and having developed first solar steam cooking system in India, Installed India’s Largest Solar Cooking System producing upto 50,000 meals per day at Shirdi Temple, India’s Highest Solar Cooking system for Indian Army at Ladhakh, Developed India’s first smoke free village & much more to his credit !
In a move ahead to create sustainable community & living, Muni Seva Ashram, Goraj, Vadodara, Gujarat, India (www.greenashram.org) along with Solar Food Processing Network, Germany (www.solarfood.org) are going to organize 1st International Solar Food Processing Conference in India at the Muni Seva Ashram, Goraj from 26 – 28th January 2013 !!!!
Today there is a need to identify the most effective solar processing technologies and products in terms of quality and cost effectiveness. This platform would bring together a motivated network of experts (engineers, food scientists, farmers and SMEs in the food and RE industries) who are interested in further developing existing technology, increasing the value, and exploring useful prospects to penetrate the food market. Sustainable energy for industry has to be more widely considered, also at a local scale where it has tremendous potential. An important aspect is to increase awareness among producers and users on the opportunities in using clean energy when producing or conserving food.
Objectives of the workshop:
- Improving food security and quality
- Reducing energy dependency by using renewable energy
- Developing and implementing solar food products & technologies
- Provide an interactive platform to the members of the Solar Food Processing Network, Solar Food activists and all the stakeholders in this area.
- Share the worldwide experience in the Solar Food Processing area with special focus on India
- Offer workshops with food, marketing and technology experts
- Discuss quality requirements and the format of an international solar food standard
- Share practical examples about technology and food processing
- Foster more cooperation among all participants and agencies working in this area
- Set targets for future activities
- Establish an Solar Food Network India (to be discussed during the workshop)
Topics & Focus Area :
- Local solar food processing technologies
- Local marketing / grassroot projects / village industries
- International marketing
- Policy interventions
- Research & Development/Monitoring and Evaluation
- Training Users/ Manufacturers and marketing agencies
- Solar food processing and back-up systems, how to ensure sustainable energy supply
- Solar food: Quality measures and indicators
- Examples of solar food projects: Successes and challenges, networking and cooperation
- Field visits to Solar Food Processing units in Gujarat
With this workshop we have the chance to share new developments and experience. The time is ripe, more and more initiative and projects worldwide are producing food items with the help of solar energy. Therefore should establish an Indian Solar Food Processing Network in order to strengthen and support activities in the field of solar food processing.
I will be attending the event and would welcome more & more people to attend the same as this would be a highly interactive and knowledge sharing experience. Be a part of this Process !
For participation please register online – Click Here
You may contact Karishma Gadhia (Workshop Coordinator) via E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org / Mobile : (0091) 9879 110 803
Look forward to meet you at Muni Seva Ashram, Goraj !